Monday, November 4, 2013

Observation 3 10/28/13

 There were very many small organisms that I could not make out using the highest magnification of the microscope. They were incredibly hyper and I believe that is due to the added food pellet. There were quite a few dead organisms at the top of the mud. There was a dead insect larva. It was long and cylinder-shaped with spindle legs. It was also brown. I saw a dead adult cyclops, too. Its body was completely see through. There was annelid in the moss plant. It had a very long body and moved in ripples. The flowering plant had less foliage. I saw two Euchlanis rotifers (Pennak p 171 Fig 2). It has a rounded body with a tail and they were both eating moss. Euchlanis sp Haley Hancock.jpeg I also saw a Euplote (Pennak p 124 Fig. 261). It has a mechanism for taking in food that looks like continuous bubbles. It was near the mud. It is a freshwater living protozoa.Euplote sp Haley Hancock.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment