Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fifth Observation 11/12/13

I saw a lot of activity this observation. The small movement that had gone away last time was definitely back. Everywhere I looked there was movement. I also saw a lot of large organisms. I saw two adult cyclops and got a picture of one (Lee Fig. 1 p. 411)
Displaying Cyclops Haley Hancock.jpeg
They were both near where the food pellet was. They. were also very fast moving. As one can see, they were brown with rounded bodies, two antennae, and had a tail that split at the end. I also saw three Entosiphon sulcatoms (Pennak fig. 30 p. 530).
Displaying sulcatom Haley Hancock.jpeg
It has a rounded body that comes to a point at the anterior and posterior. It also has two flagella. One is in the front and the other drags behind. They were all near the flowering plant. They moved at a slow to medium pace. In this picture, one can see an inside structure that is a tube with a flap like opening. Its the white space in between the green areas.
I did not see the annelid or rotifer this time. I did not see their corpses though. I saw what I think may be a different type of annelid. It was a lot shorter than the other one. It was also very clear, however, it was by the mud like the other one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment