Monday, November 11, 2013

Fourth Observation 11/6/13

This week, I saw a huge reduction in the tiny microorganisms and an increase in larger organisms. This is because the larger organisms are consuming the smaller organisms and the plants. The flowering plant had a total of three leaves left, but the moss plant looks like it is doing very well. The dead plant cells have an oval, rectangular shape and are clear. I saw the Euchlanis rotifer again. Instead of eating near the mud, it was swimming about this time. I also saw a large organism that had encased itself in a spore stage. It was in an oval shape and was colored white with pink speckles. It was moving very slowly, which drew me eye to the organism initially. I saw the annelid again. This time it was not hiding behind the moss plant, but it was near the mud eating a leaf so I was able to capture an image ( Pennik Fig. 9 p 299). it turned out to be an Aelosome annelid. It was long, brown, and looked like a small worm.
 Annelid Haley Hancock.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment