Monday, October 28, 2013

Second Observation 10/22/13

     There were a few differences between viewing my micro aquarium this week and the view I saw last week. I did not see the rotifer. However, I did not see it dead at the bottom of the tank either. It may have just been hiding in the mud or behind the plants. Hopefully I will find out what happened to it. There seemed to be less movement in this observation. I saw no dead organisms but they may have just been hidden in the mud. I did find some live organisms though. The majority of them were found near the mud or close to the moss plant. I saw a euglenoid, which is an organism that looks like it has little legs. I also saw  two cyclops in different developmental stages; one was an adult and the other was a juvenile. The adult one had a tail with things that looked like fins at the end and antennas. Its body was translucent and circular. It would stay incredibly still and then it would rapidly move to another location and repeat the process. The juvenile one did this too. The juvenile one resembled the adult, it just didn't have the tail or the fins. I also saw what I thought to be a diatom. It was incredibly slow moving. All of these organisms were found near the mud and closer to the moss. The flowering plant had less leaves than it did when it was first put in the aquarium. It should also be noted that water was added to everyone's aquariums. That's all for now, folks!

    On October 25, 2013 a "One" betta pellet food was added to all micro aquariums. Details include: "Atison's Betta Food" made by Ocean Nutrition, Aqua Pet Americas, 3528 West 500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84104. Ingredients: Fish meal, wheat flower, soy meal, krill meal, minerals, vitamins and preservatives. Analysis: Crude Protein 36%; Crude fat 4.5%; Crude Fiber 3.5%; Moisture 8% and Ash 15%  (McFarland, 2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment